Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions


 What time can I come down to the Authority's Billing Office to pay my bill?

The Authority collects payments in person M-F from 8:30am-4:00pm, in the drop box any time or online at:  Online Bill Pay

 Who can I contact with any billing questions?

Please call (412) 366-8481 with any billing questions.

 Where is your office located?

Our office is located at:


418 Arcadia Dr.

Pittsburgh, PA  15237

 How do I report a problem with my sewer service?

Please call our field office with any sewer service issues at 412-364-2119.

 How much does it cost for a Dye Test?

Dye Test Fees:

Administrative FunctionDocumentation & Certification$50.00/request
Field TestingExterior Test$75.00/test
Field TestingInterior Inspection & Testing$50.00 each
Scheduled TestingNo Show, or Cancelled$60.00 per test

 Do I need to have repairs to my private sewer service line inspected by MTSA?

The inspection of a repaired and/or replaced existing private sanitary sewer service line, by MTSA personnel, is required prior to back-filling.  Inspections can be scheduled by contacting MTSA's inspection department at 412-364-2119 M-F, 7:30am - 4:00pm.

 Do I need to have MTSA inspect the sanitary sewer service line for new construction?

Inspection of new sanitary sewer service lines is required.  To schedule, call the development department at 412-366-3420, M-F 8:00 am - 4:00 pm.  24 hours notice is required.

 What if I have an odor in my basement?

Sewer odors in your home are mainly caused by a malfunctions trap.  We recommend that water be run through all traps in the home.  (floor drains, laundry tubs, basement sinks, etc)  If the odor persists, please contact our field office at 412-364-2119 and we will send someone to your home to inspect.

 What if my sewer is plugged / backed up?

Please contact our field office at 412-364-2119 so we can send someone to inspect the issue to determine whether it is the homeowner's or MTSA's responsibility.  

 What do I do if I see a loose or missing manhole cover?

Please report all issues with manhole covers immediately to our field office at 412-364-2119 to ensure the safety to all members of our community.